Autoimmune disorders occur when the body attacks itself via immune cells and inflammatory chemicals.
If you suffer from an autoimmune disorder such as Ulcerative Colitis, Diabetes, and Rheumatoid Arthritis, you know firsthand what it feels like to experience inflammation.
That’s why finding natural solutions to reduce inflammation, such as turmeric, is key.
Turmeric has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine to treat autoimmune conditions and diseases, due to the curcumin that works to reduce inflammation caused by these ailments.
Essentially, turmeric acts as an immune modulating agent and prevents the interaction between autoantibodies and autoantigens.
More specifically, as an anti-inflammatory agent, turmeric…
- Inhibits the production of inflammatory chemicals.
- Inhibits migration or activation of immune cells.
- Modulates the biochemical pathways and signals involved in inflammation.
If you suffer from autoimmune disease, I recommend that you find ways to incorporate more of this magical herb in your path to healing.
To make it easy, I’m going to let you in on a special recipe for a healing tonic, often referred to as “golden milk.”
Golden milk pairs turmeric with coconut milk, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, and other ingredients to create the perfect healing and comforting warm beverage.
Follow the recipe below to create the perfect cup of golden milk…
- 8 ounces of pure canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon collagen hydrolysate
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- Pinch of finely ground black pepper
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Pour coconut milk into a milk frother if you have one, or pour into a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat milk until it just begins to simmer, then remove from heat.
- In a mug, combine the rest of the dry ingredients. Add the 2 tablespoons of water (plus more if necessary), and stir until ingredients form a paste.
- Pour heated milk into mug and stir to combine well. Sip and enjoy!
*Makes one 8-ounce drink.
**Optional: Use an immersion blender to create froth to have a golden latte feel.
You can experience the benefits of this magical healing tonic firsthand…all it requires is a commitment to consuming it on a regular basis.
With the winter season approaching, you’ll also have the benefit of consuming a delicious and cozy beverage that will keep you warm as the temperatures drop.
Turmeric is just one solution to soothing pain brought about by arthritis. Learn about three additional ways to alleviate pain from this autoimmune condition by clicking here.