Watch this presentation for all you need to know about flu prevention
Ward off flu naturally
Charlotte Observer article
Flu Prevention Protocol
- Don’t Panic – Stress suppresses your ability to fight infections. You can literally worry yourself sick instead of finding a way to constructively process these very real feelings. Go for a walk with a friend. Practice deep breathing or guided imagery. Meditate or pray. Get a massage. Watch funny movies – laugh! You may not be able to control the viral realm of the world, but you can help your body and mind be strong in the face of any viral challenge.
- Avoid the Sweets! As tempting as it may be, try to avoid reaching for starchy and sugary snacks to soothe negative feelings. Studies indicate that consuming large amounts of carbohydrates and sugar can drastically lower the activity of neutrophils. Neutrophils account for about 50-70% of white blood cells and are the first responders when an infection is detected by the body. The effects of these unhealthy carbohydrates can last for over 5 hours.
- Get Your Sleep: When in the midst of an illness the body often demands more sleep, simply because sleep helps strengthen the body’s defenses. The same is true when trying to stay well. The key is to get adequate sleep (usually between 7-9 hours) in a completely dark environment. Darkness is necessary in order for the brain to produce adequate/optimal levels of melatonin, which may be responsible for some of the immune-boosting effects of sleep.
- Let the Sunshine In: There is a growing body of evidence that vitamin D is imperative for optimal immune function. You can prime your body’s immune system by getting regular sun exposure. The key is to spend time in the sun during the morning and evening hours so as not to get sunburn. I recommend 15 minutes or more of “smart sun exposure” several times a week. Consider supplementing with Vitamin D3 (Liqui-D3) so you can be assured a consistent and adequate supply of vitamin D, especially as we head into the winter months!
- Get Powerful Protection – From food! Fruits & vegetables will give you the best protection when it comes to supporting your immune health. They are rich in anti-oxidants, bioflavonoids, and phytonutrients that will powerfully support your body’s health. Add Juice Plus+ to your daily regimen as a way to consistently get more daily phytonutrients into your body.
- Immune Protection – natural anti-viral support can be taken daily for prevention. Super Bio-vegetarian has been the most effective product I have found. Take 2 tablets daily, or more if exposed to others who may potentially be sick.
- Probiotics – are essential not only to your digestive health, but also for your immune system as most of your immune system is in your gut. HMF Forte is recommended daily to maintain normal healthy gut flora.
Here is what I am recommending:
Orchard Blend (red) – take 2 capsules daily with food
Garden Blend (green) – take 2 capsules daily with food
Vineyard Blend (purple) – take 2 capsules daily with food
HMF Forte Probiotics – 2 capsules 2x/day with food
Super Bio-Vegetarian – take 2 tablets daily for prevention. Increase to 2 tablets 5x/day if travelling or suspected exposure to people who may be sick, or if you begin to develop symptoms. This product is NOT recommended if you are pregnant or could be pregnant.
Liqui-D3 (Vitamin D3) – 3 drops daily (6000 IU) can be placed on the tongue or on food. You may also take a weekly dose of 15-20 drops as Vitamin D is stored in the body.
Children (over age 2)
Juice Plus+ Gummies:
Orchard Blend (red) – take 3 gummies daily with food
Garden Blend (green) – take 3 gummies daily with food
HMF Powder Probiotics – take ½ tsp daily with food
Berry-well Immune Support – ½ tsp daily. Increase to ½ tsp 3x/day if travelling or suspected exposure to people who may be sick.
Liqui-D3 (Vitamin D3) – 1 drop daily (2000 IU) can be placed on the tongue or on food. You may also take a weekly dose of 5-7 drops as Vitamin D is stored in the body.
A Natural Approach to Flu Prevention:
The Adult Flu Kit contains supplements that work together to boost immunity to help prevent the the flu and flu related symptoms:
$89 (regularly a $104.00 value)
- HMF Forte Probiotics
- Super Bio-Vegetarian – This product is NOT recommended if you are pregnant or could be pregnant.
- Liqui-D3 (Vitamin D3)
Purchase your Adult Flu Kit online by clicking the button below, or by calling our office at 704.708.4404.
The Child Flu Kit contains supplements that work together to boost immunity to help prevent the the flu and flu related symptoms:
$59 (regularly a $73.00 value)
- HMF Powder Probiotics
- Berry-well Immune Support
- Liqui-D3 (Vitamin D3)
Purchase your Child Flu Kit online by clicking the button below, or by calling our office at 704.708.4404.